We went right from winter to summer, not any sort of spring. When you already have many days in the 90’s before June you begin to think what the rest of the summer will look like. The kids are already screaming their too hot, and I’m thinking it’s only the beginning. One fun way we like to cool off is by making slushies. I remember as a kid heading to the local 7-11 and grabbing a big slushie, cooling off instantly…brain freeze included.
Now that I know better, we don’t get pre-made slushies….we make them ourselves. It’s super easy and requires very few ingredients. To make sure our slushies are actually healthy I carefully choose organic fruit and make sure the juice we use contains real fruit juice, is low in sugar and made with very few ingredients.
Our go-to for years has been Santa Cruz juices because it’s made organically and certified non-gmo. They recently came out with some new Agua Fresca juices that are perfect for summer and our real fruit healthy slushies. You can even kick it up a notch and add a little rum or vodka for a fun adult slushie.
This took my son a total of 5 minutes to make, and that included gathering all the ingredients. This is a perfect healthy treat that they can easily make themselves and clean up is a snap.
This kid has the life! As he lounged out enjoying his homemade slushie his exact words were “Ahhh This is the life” Yep! I agree. To be a kid again!!
- 2 cups of your favorite Santa Cruz juice
- 3 cups of your favorite frozen organic fruit
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until it's smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy! If you plan on making it an "adult" slushie then add 1 shot of your favorite alcohol and mix until incorporated.
For more inspiring summer and fun drink idea head over to my Pinterest page or check out Santa Cruz on social media. Cheers!!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Sundae Fundays Mini Chef Mondays // Courtney’s Sweets
- 6 Reasons to Take Your Kids to a Pick Your Own Farm // Momma Lew
- Patriotic Potato Chip Candy // Finding Zest
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Recipe // We’re Parents
- The Best Finger Foods For Baby // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Cooking with Kids: 5 Must Make Summer Treats // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Vegetarian Crockpot Baked Beans // Vegging at the Shore
- Real Fruit Healthy Slushies // O’Boy! Organic
- Homemade Tuscan Style Pizza // My Mini Adventurer