I went a little overboard when purchasing pumpkin this year. Wanting to clean out my cabinets a bit I started thinking about all the foods I could make using pumpkin. This morning I went on a pumpkin baking spree, first pumpkin pancakes then these pumpkin granola scones.
For added nutrition and texture I threw in Natures Path Qia Cranberry and Vanilla Cereal and pumpkin granola. Then to make it a bit creamer and to sweeten it naturally I used Stonyfield Oh My Yog! Madagascar Vanilla Bean Yogurt . The non-traditional ingredients were a perfect fit and makes for a quick breakfast when you are rushing in the morning.
- 2½-3 cups Flour
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 - 8oz Container of Oh My Yog Vanilla Bean Yogurt
- 1 cup Pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Qia Cranberry Vanilla Cereal
- Pumpkin Granola for topping (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl - add 2½ cups of flour (save ½ cup)
- In a small bowl mix wet ingredients then blend with dry ingredients
- Blend together. The mixture should be wet but not too sticky. Add a bit of the ½ cup of flour if needed to reach the right consistency
- Flour a flat surface and lay out dough and make into a rectangle
- Cut into triangles then top with pumpkin granola
- Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes until golden brown
These nutritionally jammed packed Pumpkin Granola Scones could be made for a fancy brunch or frozen for those busy mornings. Heck, the kids would love it for a after school snack too! What are some of your favorite ways to use your leftover pumpkin?
This is a sponsored post created in partnership with Stonyfield as a Stonyfield Ambassador. All opinions are always my own.