I’ve been obsessed with shoes for years, what woman isn’t? When you open up my closet you will see just how many I have….none of which are neat and tidy, but that’s another story. Now that I have my own children I’ve transferred my love onto my boys. Yes, boys can love shoes too! As they were babies and tots I loved matching their little outfits with just the right shoes. Even though cuteness was on the list I also looked for other things, especially when they started walking.
- I made sure the shoes were breathable and lightweight. Soft flexible shoes are best because stiff leather ones hinder foot development and synthetics don’t breathe.
- I always made sure the shoes fit well before having my little guys wear them. They should have just enough room to squeeze your pinky between the heel and the heel of the shoe and a full thumb width between the end of your child’s longest toe. As I am sure you know babies feet grow quickly so you want a little bit of room but not too much.
- If I was bringing the boys with me shopping (almost never) I would have them try the shoes on later in the day since their little feet swell as the day goes on.
- I always let my guys walk around a bit indoors first to see how he did before letting him go outdoors with new shoes because if he hated them I wanted to take them back.
- Above all I wanted the shoes to be comfy and work well for my boys, and yes of course…look cute too!
While my little guys had some cute shoes, none compare to Mason Dixon. These adorable shoes for babies and tots are just about the cutest things I’ve seen. Mason Dixon is a boutique line of children’s goods, made by hand locally to me in Philadelphia. The collection is inspired by childhood adventures and a deep appreciation for the well-made. Heather Holiday the designer and maker behind Mason Dixon, strives to sell beautiful, heirloom-quality products. The first product that Mason Dixon will launch is their handcrafted derby shoes, available in sizes 0-10. These unisex leather boots are simple & stylish and feature beautiful leathers and natural plantation crepe soling. They are cut generously in the width to allow young feet to grow and the flexible sole is ideal for the developing foot. Don’t you wish you had a pair for your little one? Well…..you now can WIN a custom pair, just enter below. Make sure you follow Mason Dixon on Facebook and Instagram to get their latest news and sales updates.