I’ve been making this dip for years. I actually got the original recipe from my SIL many, many moons ago. She would make it for family parties and then when I moved on my own and started to entertain I did the same. At one point I couldn’t even go to a party without bringing the dip. I finally told all my friends the recipe so they could make it themselves because I wanted to start making something new. Layered Taco Dip – Perfect for Parties is stupid easy and not expensive to make.
- 2 cups of Mexican cheese
- 1 large tomato (seeded) and diced
- 2 sprigs of green onion sliced
- sliced black olives (optional)
- handful of fresh cilantro - must use fresh
- 1 16oz sour cream
- 3 TB Taco Seasoning (I make my own)
- 1-2 cups of black beans or re-fried beans
- I use a glass pie pan but you can use any pan about that size with a good size lip. start the layering process with the beans.
- Mix the taco seasoning and sour cream together and layer that on top of the beans
- Cover the entire pan with cheese
- Top with Tomatoes, Green Onions, Cilantro and Black Olives (if desired)
- Serve with your favorite chips.
What are some of your favorite “stupid easy” recipes that you bring to parties that everyone loves? Looking for more entertaining ideas? Head over to my Pinterest page.