Our family loves snacks and appetizers especially on the weekend during sporting events. One thing I could always get my kids to eat was spinach dip and now I created a new dip that is healthier – This kale and artichoke dip recipe is so easy and I actually like it so much better than using spinach because it doesn’t get stringy.
I like to serve it with all sorts of chips too. Recently I was given the opportunity from Stonyfield to try some Late July chips and they worked perfectly with this dip. We’ve been fans of the Late July brand for some time now, because for one they have yummy products and they are a non-gmo certified brand. YAY!!
- 4 cups of chopped fresh kale
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts (in water)
- 8oz cream cheese
- 8oz greek yogurt (I use Stonyfield)
- ½ cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- ½-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan steam garlic and kale for about 3-5 minutes until kale is half the size. Drain kale/garlic and then place in a clean dish towel and squeeze out all access water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same pot add cream cheese, milk and yogurt. Cook on med-low heat until smooth. Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper
- In the meantime, drain and chop artichoke hearts then add to the kale mixture. Next add parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Once the cream cheese/yogurt mixture is smooth add that mixture to the kale and mixture until everything is coated.
- Place in a 9x9 baking pan (or something similar in size) and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes uncovered or until bubbling.
What are some of your favorite recipe re-do’s?