I’ve been doing more and more gluten free recipes, just simple things like switching out my pasta, using corn tortillas instead of wheat and eating less bread. I’ve been wanting to do a little gluten free baking and this rainy day seemed perfect for trying out a new recipe – Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These cookies are healthy, perfect for an afternoon snack or broken up and put in Greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast. You can even place them in the freezer and take them out when you want one. The original recipe came from my Trader Joes Oats. I substituted and added ingredients to make it my own.
- 3 cups oats
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/2 stick butter - melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips - I use Enjoy Life (dairy, nut & soy free)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 dried cherries (no sugar added)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small saucepan melt butter, mix in peanut butter, sugar until blended. Take off the burner and mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, chocolate chips, baking soda, chia seeds and cherries.
- Combine all ingredients together
- Scoop the cookie mixture onto a tablespoon and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 17 minutes or until golden brown.
17 minutes per 12 cookies. Makes 2 dozen total - more if you make cookies smaller.