It’s another Mini Chef Monday! This week it’s all about Apple Pie! This is the easiest apple pie to make with kids, they could practically make it without any help at all. Recently my youngest was not in a good mood, upset with his brother so I thought it would be fun to get him into the kitchen and make something fun. He was dying to make apple pie so that is exactly what we did. It certainly cheered him up and me too.
Whenever I make pies I like to double the crust recipe and freeze the extras for other pies. So when we don’t have a lot of time or want to make a pie spare of the moment (like I did with my son) I have the crust already to go. My favorite way to eat Apple Pie is warm with a little homemade ice cream. If pie isn’t your thing then check out these other apple inspired dishes.
Apple Pie Filling Ingredients
1 cup all natural sugar
3 TB Flour (I used whole wheat)
1/8 tea. salt
3-4 cups (about 5 apples) of Gala or other crisp apple peeled and diced in large chucks
1 tea. Cinnamon
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Inside Out Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Cake Batter Christmas Cookies // Momma Lew
- Cherry Banana Yogurt Smoothie // Baby Loving Mama
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies // We’re Parents
- French Toast Muffins // Frugal Novice
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Recipe // Eating Richly
- Simple Pumpkin Hummus with Pita Chips // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Baked Apple Pie Bites // Step Stool Chef
- Pumpkin Granola // Vegging at the Shore
- Apple French Toast Casserole // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Apple Pie // O’Boy! Organic
- Snicker Doodle Cookies // Can’t Google Everything