You can also make muffins out the mixture and then freeze them. It makes your life so much easier when you want to give your child a healthy snack or dessert, just pop them out of the freezer and let them defrost before eating.
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup natural sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of grated zucchini (remove all excess water)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
* Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, flax seed meal and natural sugar.
* Stir in eggs, applesauce, zucchini, bananas and vanilla extract.
* Fold in raisins and nuts if desired.
* Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.