With just 6 days left until Easter, many of us are planning what to serve or bring to brunch or dinner. as well as how to decorate and add the extra touches that make our holidays memorable. Colleen of Souffle Bombay and Heather of Real: The Kitchen and Beyond decided to gather 26 bloggers to share some of their Easter Entertaining Ideas with you! From Jelly Bean Trees to a Giant Deviled Egg, we’ve got you covered!
Here is my recipe that contributed to All Things Easter roundup: Lemon Blueberry French Toast Bake with Lemon Mint Cream – there is no need to for syrup because the cream melts into the french toast and makes it so yummy!
- French Toast Bake
- 1 loaf Challah bread cut into cubes
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup lemon curd
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups frozen wild berries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Lemon Mint Cream
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons organic whipping cream (I use Stonyfield)
- ¼ cup lemon curd
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Cinnamon Topping
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ cup butter chilled and diced
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Cube Challah bread and place in a greased 9×13 pan
- In a large bowl add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon curd – mix well. Add the blueberries just before you pour over bread mixture, you don’t want the eggs to turn bluish gray.
- Pour egg mixture over Challah bread and press down if need be.
- Cinnamon Topping: Mix together in a small bowl cinnamon, butter and sugar until it’s a sand like mixture. Sprinkle over bread mixture and then let sit in the fridge over night or for at least a few hours.
- Take out of fridge at least 15-20 minutes before placing in a 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour uncovered
- Lemon Mint Cream
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer beat whipping cream until you create stiff peaks
- In a small saucepan blend together on med/low heat lemon curd, mint and 2 tablespoons whipping cream. Stir until smooth, mint has been infused and thinned out.
- Add the lemon mixture to the whipped cream and then with the electric mixture blend until incorporated.
- Once the French Toast Bake is finished, dish on the plates and add a bit of the lemon mint cream on top – NO NEED FOR SYRUP! The cream will melt directly into the french toast…SO YUMMY!
Ideas for Leftover Easter Eggs
Easter Breakfast Recipe Ideas
Easter Dinner Recipe Ideas
Easter Dessert Recipe Ideas
Easter Cocktail Recipe Ideas
Easter Decorating Ideas
Easter Gift Ideas
Frugal Easter Basket Ideas & Menu
We would like to give a huge thank you to the companies that made this give away possible. Thank you to John Boos for the beautiful maple cutting board, The Spice House for their spice and baking gift sets, Divine Chocolate for their luxuriously rich Fair Trade Chocolate gift basket, Wilton Armetale for the elegant egg plate, and Tree Hut for the body scrub and lotion.
To make this even more memorable we have some amazing giveaways for a few lucky readers! You could win this amazing prize pack filled with a delicious Bakers Spice Box from The Spice House, this gorgeous set of decadent chocolates from Divine Chocolate, beautiful Flutes & Pearls Egg Tray from Wilton Armetale and an awesome Tree Hut Duo of Shea Sugar Scrub and Body Lotion.
You also have a chance to win this amazing Signature Spice Box Set from the Spice House (wait till you try the Vulcan’s Fire Salt!) as well as this incredibly gorgeous John Boos Maple Cutting Board with handles…it has handles! Swoon!
We would like to give a huge thank you to the companies that made this giveaway possible. Thank you to John Boos for the beautiful maple cutting board, The Spice House for their spice and baking gift sets, Divine Chocolate for their luxuriously rich Fair Trade Chocolate gift basket, Wilton Armetale for the elegant egg plate, and Tree Hut for the body scrub and lotion. Good Luck and have fun getting ready for Easter. Make sure you follow along throughout the week using the hashtag #AllThingsEaster and visit the All Things Easter Pinterest Board for more Easter inspirations.
All Things Easter Giveaway