Even though it’s not officially summer it sure feels like it outside. As parents we are trying out best to keep everyone happy and cool throughout these hot “almost” summer days. Who doesn’t playing in the water? Water play with kids can be a inexpensive way to stay cool and have fun. With having 2 very active young boys I’ve had my challenges in this department. Here is what works for me…..
8 Water Fun Activities for Kids
1. Pool - Don’t have your own pool? No problem – Join a community pool in your area or set up a small pool in your backyard.
2. Sprinkler - This is one of the easiest ways to make them happy. Just place a inexpensive sprinkler in the backyard and let them run through it as many times as they would like.
3. Water Guns - Now I am not a fan of play guns, we don’t have them in the house but when it comes to water I find it different because they are trying to get each other wet not pretend to kill one another. You can even make a game out of by making a fun squirt gun game using ping pong balls, wood and golf tees.
4. Water Table - We had one for years, it was perfect for them to use with their cars and animals, You can have just one big tub or get a duel tub water table and fill one half with sand. You don’t even need to spend a lot of money – you can make your own water table with plastic bins.
5. Painting With Water - Get some old paint brushes and fill buckets with water and let them paint the house, sidewalk or even themselves.
6. Car Washing - Who wouldn’t have fun with a hose and bucket of soapy water?
7. Water Balloons - This may take a little time to prepare so I suggest making the balloons the night before so they are ready in the morning. Check out this cool water balloon pinata which is perfect for a kids party or even everyday fun.
8.Frozen Fun - Gather a bunch of your kids small toys and place them in a large bucket or baggie of water and freeze the toys. Once they are frozen take out the container and let the kids use child size hammers, salt or warm water to get all the toys out.
What are some of your favorite ways to keep your kiddos cool and having fun in the summer? Become inspired to do fun things with your kids throughout the summer. Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #summerfamilyfun