Since using essential oils I’ve been obsessed with putting lemon essential oil in my water. Not only does the lemon spruce up my water it also has many benefits, which is kind of the main reason I do it. I’ve been having major digestive problems, with lots of bloating and gas issues – nice huh!? While there are many oils that do promote digestive health, my GO-TO daily has been the lemon essential oil. Why? Because, it contains d-Limonene which offers a “natural” support for immunity, digestion, liver detoxification, fat metabolism plus others.
Lemons have been around for medical reasons for centuries, which I think is why we are still using it today. The Egyptians used to drink pure lemon juice to clear their bodies of toxins and poisons. Besides promoting a good digestive system, lemon is a powerful germ and toxin fighting substance to promote immune boosting and to fight infections.
I don’t think many people want to suck on a zillion lemons, unless you are my son…he loves them! So the easiest way to reap the benefits of lemon is by using essential oil. Besides putting lemon essential oil in my water daily, there are many other practical uses for lemon oil, here are a few that I’ve personally used in my daily routine.
10 Ways To Use Lemon Essential Oil
- Rub a bit on your chest to relax muscles.
- Diffuse which can promote better health
- Add 2 drops into your hot tea
- Cold sores, blisters and calluses —> Put a few drops on the affected area a few times a day. Apply with a q-tip.
- Add a drop of oil on your toothbrush once a week to help take care of bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Having a hard time with the weather change? Put a drop behind your ears or right under your nose a few times a day which encourages proper nasal function.
- Lemon oil is great as a degreaser and will clean up any sort of glues, adhesives, gum or grim which also makes it great as a everyday cleaner.
- Making a recipe that calls for lemon juice? Use the lemon essential oil instead…a little bit goes a long way, one or 2 drops should work.
- Make homemade lemonade…it’s a lot less messy when all you have to do is put a drop in the water along with a simple syrup mix using honey. Here is my original recipe which you can adjust.
- With having 2 boys in sports we have a lot of athletic gear smelling up our house. I’ve been putting 5-10 drops of the lemon oil in a spray bottle with witch hazel or water
Have you tried using lemon essential oil before? What are some of your favorite ways to use it? If you have not experienced essential oils, here is some useful information to get you started. Once you start, you will be hooked…just like me!