When your baby begins to show interest in the foods you are eating at about 7-8 months you know it’s time to introduce appropriate finger foods that they can eat by themselves. At the same time babies are developing the ability to pick up objects with their thumb and pointer finger (the pincer grasp). When you give your baby fingers foods make sure they are small quarter size pieces that mash up easily in their mouth without chewing so they don’t choke. You can also have start using a feeder such as the Boon Pulp Silicone Feeder so they can start learning how to use utensils.
Here are my picks for the 10 best finger foods for babies….
1. Frozen Bananas
2. Frozen mixed veggies (Peas, Corn and Carrot)
3. Fresh Peaches
4. Happy Family Organic Puffs
5. Cooked Tilapia or other mild low mercury boneless white fish
6. Cooked beans and legumes
7. pieces of mild cheeses
9. Homemade teething biscuits – this recipe uses infant cereal and wheat flour, you can change those ingredients to oats (just use a food processor to make it into a flour and switch out the wheat flour to a coconut or almond flour.
10. Frozen yogurt dots – this is fun for toddlers too.
What are some of your favorite finger foods your baby loves?